Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We won!

We are so happy to share that we have won a house! It is not quite what you might be thinking...We had the winning bid at a recent foreclosure auction in Palm Springs. I'm thrilled on so many levels.
#1- It is a great deal. A very affordable payment for us. Hopefully we can ride out any future market fluctuations.
#2- It is a great house with a unique floor plan that will suit our family well.
#3- It is in a great area of Palm Dessert. The gated neighborhood is close to schools, parks and where both of us will be working. #4- It is in great condition. So many of the homes we were looking at were in a very run-down areas and/or pretty trashed on the inside. All we will really need to do at this home is paint the walls, and put in the yard (only the dessert plants survived the foreclosure period with no irrigation), and maybe a few personal touches. Not too bad considering the sort of projects that we were considering.

The house has an outer door that leads to this charming little patio in front of the entrance door. I love how much light all the windows let into the house! Did I mention how the kitchen has a double oven. I'm spoiled! We will have to have lots of visitors to come eat with us (hint, hint). I promise to make lots of homemade bread.

The last photo shows my fav part of the house. The formal sitting area. Surrounded by windows and patios, it could be really beautiful!

Ok, enough gushing from me. Most of all, I feel like everything is falling into place for us after a long period of struggling, and uncertainty. I have such mixed feelings about the move. A new start is what we need, but I would never be able to replace the dear friends we have in Temecula. We will have to come back and visit lots. I promise!

There are a few more steps to work out on the deal, so everyone please keep us in your prayers. Thanks from the very happy, grateful, and relieved Durstelers.

4 comments:

whitty-acres said...

DUDES! That house is sweet looking. I am so happy for you all but so SAD that you are leaving us! Booooooo!

Seriously though, it is beautiful. Congrats!

Unknown said...

Nice house, guys. We are very sad that you (Ruth) and the twins are moving away. (Did I neglect to mention someone?)

Tami said...

Wow Ruth! It's such a beautiful house! I'm happy for you guys - and a bit jealous! I hope everything works out ok. We'll sure miss you in the ward though...

Shannon and Andrew said...

That is a really nice house. It looks like one of my dad's company's floor plans. I love it and I hope that the process goes well for you. You will be missed..but it is not too far away for a visit now and then