Saturday, March 8, 2008

Recipes

Hey everyone! I have had some requests for the recipes from my Pampered Chef Party, so here they are. I hope that this is helpful. Thanks to all the fun ladies that came to the party! I will deliver your items as soon as they arrive.

Mandarin Chicken Salad:
Dressing:
1 tsp ginger root, finely chopped or pressed
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/3 c. rice vinegar
1/4 c. orange juice
1/4 c. veg. oil
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 envelope Onion Soup Mix
2 tsp sugar

Pasta:
8 oz. bowtie pasta, cooked, drained
1 cucumber, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 can mandarin oranges (11 oz)
3 chicken breasts, cooked, chopped
1/2 c. sliced almonds

6 oz baby spinich leaves (I use more, so it is more like a green salad)

Ok, so I have made the salad a little different than Lorie. This way, it will last much longer in the fridge. I double the dressing and save half. Toss the pasta with the remaining dressing and serve over a bed of spinich. As you have leftovers, the pasta will absorb the dressing, so it is nice to have extra. Keep the spinich separate and you can eat the left overs all week (or trade for dinner group).


Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup

1 c. brocolli, chopped
1/2 c. carrot, chopped
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 fresh garlic clove, pressed

Saute above ingredients in large sauce pan, until tender.

1 (14 oz) can chicken broth
2 c. chicken, cooked, diced
1 jar (16oz) Alfredo sauce

Pour in next ingredients and bring to a simmer.

1 red bell pepper, chopped
Parmesean cheese, shredded
2-3 fresh basil leaves, chopped

Serve in bowl, with pepper, basil and cheese on top.

2 comments:

lauren said...

yummmm... i love me some ruth recipes!

4HandyKids said...

Thanks, I've been craving some more of that salad all week!