Friday, November 21, 2008

Utah Trip

















OK, this is my last posting. You better enjoy it because it will probably be months before I get back to it again. By the way, I'm still sitting in my bathrobe and it is 1:30 in the afternoon. I've just been blogging and playing with the kids all day. Nice as long as no one knocks on the door.

OK, this was my Utah trip from several months ago. It was my first trip with the kids, but no Wyatt. I felt very brave, and luckily there were no major travel catastrophes.

It was a great trip because I got to see lots of both sides of the family. The first couple days were spent with Sarah, her kids, and Marion (my sisters). Most of the pictures were of these days. Being around Marion makes me feel like taking photos. I have to keep up! Those of you that know her, know what I'm talking about. She is always making everyone stop having fun to pose for a photo. Well, and since everyone is posed, I snap a shot too. We had a really good time seeing the Frampton clan in Spanish Fork, going the the BYU Natural History Museum, going to the BYU football game, swimming at Solitude, and a hike up at Silver Lake.

I'm sad that I did not take more photos of the second part of the week. The few I took, didn't really turn out. :( We stayed with Wyatt's sister, Trisha and her family for the last part of the week. They have a set of twins too, so it was interesting to see how they all interacted. The last night we knew that they had bonded when Rachel was listening as Trisha read good night stories to Grant/Alex, she wanted to snuggle in right there at the foot of Alex's bed and spend the night. When I pulled her out, she cried for "cousin Alex" for a good 1/2 hour. That's love. As famous Dursteler tradition, we all got together for several "game nights." It was really good to see everyone again. I'm am lucky with my in-laws.

No comments: