Monday, July 7, 2008

Toasty Marshmellow = Happiness

We had such a fun time camping in Southern Utah for the First Annual Dursteler Family Reunion. We were all (30 of us and more coming!) camping at Duck Lake, an area close to Cedar City. The weather was beautiful. We have missed the outdoors and spending more time with Wyatt's family, so this was perfect. The weekend was filled with lots of fierce board games competitions, hiking in Bryce Canyon and Zions National Park, badminton battles (my mother-in-law will NEVER give up!), campfire cooking (yum!), lots of swimming in the nearby lakes and waterfalls, fishing for the guys (Wyatt seems to love it even if he doesn't catch much), sisterly chit-chat, hammock snoozing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and a million marshmallows toasted to utter perfection by yours truly (I think that was my favorite part). Ahhh, what a good time! I did not worry a bit about keeping clean, but just enjoyed the dirtiness of it all. The kids were thrilled to spend time with all their cousins. I love that they have a big family to be a part of. The Durstelers have a great time when we are all together. Enjoy the pics (wish that I had gotten one of each person)! I miss everyone already. Hooray for Lake Tahoe next year!

3 comments:

The six of us! said...

What a fun time. Can I be a part of your family?! Maybe in 15 years I can get Nathan to marry Rachel and then we can join in on your outings. :)

Tami said...

Fun! I so love camping. It looks beautiful where you went - we need to try out some new places like that. We've been wanting to hit Zion's, etc. Come to girls night tomorrow! Do it!

Shannon and Andrew said...

I love when the cousins get together like that.