Friday, November 2, 2007

Happy Halloween! (10-31-07)

We had a very fun Halloween this year. It was the first time that the kids really understood trick-or-treating. We met up with their Hirsch cousins at Harveston on a quest for candy.
Rachel loved the whole dressing up process and was so excited to be a "bunny." She was practicing hopping and wiggling her nose. When I painted her face and nose with my make-up, she said, "I'm a PRETTY bunny!"


James was not too thrilled about his puppy dog outfit. I had previously gotten him a dinosaur costume, but he refused to wear it because it was too "scary." So like a good mom, I pulled together a less scary, Spot the puppy dog costume the night before Halloween. He was not too thrilled about that either. He wouldn't even put on his "ears" for the picture or let me paint a spot around his eye or a brown nose. When we met up with his cousins and starting getting candy at each door, he put on those ears and played along. If a nice person at the door would hold the candy bowl down for them to pick their favorite piece of candy, he willingly obliged and then would take another...and another... Overall, it was a very great night!





1 comment:

whitty-acres said...

YAY Ruth! I knew you could do it! I will anxiously await for more posts, each minute of every day. Just kidding.